[CDG5] Random questions

Max Poliakovski maximumspatium at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 30 20:43:48 AWST 2018

> Re RetDec, Max, any thoughts? We could really use a high-throughput
> PEF-hacking workflow.

Retdec doesn't understand PEF. Teaching it to do that requires presumably a
lot of effort. Although I'm not familiar with Retdec internals, I'm afraid
it's all about deaingl with low-level stuff like writing parsers in C++ and
alike. I don't see what code can be quickly reused with Retdec.

On the other side, I recently hacked some bits of PEF parsing into my
Recomposer tool. Now we can convert PPC code out of PEF to PseudoC and feed
it into ScratchABlock that has the unique property to be largely ABI and
ISA independent. We can even decompile 68k code with it as long as we can
map it to PseudoC.

All I need is to rip PEF containers out of resource forks and write them
into files. You should already have a tool for that, don't you?

Feel free to send me that 'ncmp' stuff. I'll see if I can decompile it...

Cheers
Max