[CDG5] Building OF Client Interface Programs

Daniel B-J danielbj314 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 26 08:51:00 AWST 2018

I did a few tests with fcode, and I think it is definitely the way to go for what I want.

It has no particular memory mapping requirements, is supported on all Mac OF implementations, and is trivially callable from a tbxi bootscript with half a line of code:
load-base {fcode-offset} + 1 byte-load

It should even work on Elliot's G4, which is kind of famous for blowing up with slight boot-script changes. It can't complain about the syntax with everything already compiled into bytecode.

The one downside is that fcode is in forth and my gui is written in c. The conversion will not be fun. But that's the price to pay for pretty-much guaranteed compatibility with all NewWorld systems.