0.44test4 release

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Tue Sep 14 23:50:19 WST 2004

I've finally gotten around to tarring up a 0.44test4
testing release. This is mostly minor bug fixes (stupid
things like breaking inetd support in test3).

I've also added in some simple PAM auth support, which
allows Dropbear to work on platforms such as OS X, where
normal unix crypt() passwords don't work. It only works for
simple pam modules which just ask for a username then
password - PAM's too awkward to use properly with network
daemons :(

Matt

0.44test4 - Tue Sept 14 21:15:54 +0800

- Fix inetd mode so it actually loads the hostkeys (oops)

- Changed DROPBEAR_DEFPORT properly everywhere

- Fix a small memory leak in the auth code

- WCOREDUMP is only used on systems which support it (ie not cygwin or AIX)

- Check (and fail for) cases when we can't negotiate algorithms with the
  remote side successfully (rather than bombing out ungracefully)

- Handle authorized_keys files without a terminating newline

- Fiddle the channel receive window size for possibly better performance

- Added in the PAM authentication code (finally! thanks to Martin Carlsson)