need help with key generation

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Thu Sep 30 04:01:46 WST 2004

Dnia środa, 29 września 2004 08:12, Juergen Daubert napisał:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:59:26AM +0000, Pollywog wrote:

> > I installed OpenZaurus on my Zaurus SL-5500 (the GPE version) and instead
> > of OpenSSH, it has Dropbear.

I'm one of OpenZaurus developers.

> > I am able to ssh to the Zaurus from my desktop machine, but I am unable to
> > figure out how to generate user keys (I was able to generate only the
> > secret key id_rsa but not a public key to go in my home directory and to
> > be added to the keys on the desktop machine in ~/.ssh/ authorized_keys

> You can extract the publickey and fingerprint from your keyfile using
>
>   dropbearkey -y -f <path_to_your_dropbear_key>

Yesterday I played a bit with setup to authorize using keys. Zaurus use
dropbear 0.44test4, desktop use openssh 3.8.1p1.

On Zaurus I used "dropbearkey -t rsa -f ~/.ssh/id_rsa" to generate key. Then
"dropbearkey -y -f ~/.ssh/id_rsa" and copied publickey to desktop
~/.ssh/authorized_keys. Desktop id_rsa.pub is added to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
on Zaurus.

This allow me to login from desktop to Zaurus via simple "ssh user at zaurus" and
from Zaurus to desktop via "ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa user at desktop".

But there is a problem with SCP. I can "scp file user at zaurus:" from desktop
and it works ok. But from Zaurus to desktop it doesn't work - always ask for
password:

user at zaurus:~$ scp opie user at desktop:/tmp/
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-x'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oForwardAgent no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oClearAllForwardings yes'
Password:
Password:
Password:
Password:
Password:
Password:
Password:
/usr/bin/dbclient: connection to user at desktop:22 exited: Disconnect received
lost connection

So I tried to do it in same way as used for ssh:

user at zaurus:~$ scp -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa opie user at desktop:/tmp/
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-x'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oForwardAgent no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oClearAllForwardings yes'
Failed loading keyfile '-l'
/usr/bin/dbclient: exited: Error resolving: Temporary failure in name
resolution
lost connection

Is there a way to get it working?

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
Palmtop: Sharp Zaurus SL-5500

       A linux machine! because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste!