progress report

Lewis lewis at freesco.info
Tue Dec 14 06:01:46 WST 2004

I have compiled 0.44test4 for FREESCO using a lib5 system and I am using
it with the server, client, and key generator. It has all of the various
encryptions enabled as well as TCP forwarding. The finished binary is
122,476 bytes, and I have it now running in the latest beta version of
FREESCO flawlessly. So I have absolutely no complaints with size or with
function. Hehe, the only single thing that I have a problem with is the
version number. Because it doesn't look very good with 0.44test4  ;-)

I did have some problems compiling it as it was VERY picky with needing
specific things enabled and there were a few things that had to be moved
around due to the old compiler that I am using, because it is quite a
bit pickier about what order things are defined in. Then to run on an
ash shell I had to hardwire the PATH in the code so that it was able to
find the shell binary. But all it took was to define PATH=/bin in the
source and it all works perfectly.

I am getting VERY close to a release version of FREESCO with this binary
included. So if you have any concerns about this version of dropbear
just let me know.

Regards,
Lewis Baughman