Agent forwarding support ...

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Mon Jan 24 20:21:52 WST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Matt Johnston wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 06:18:22PM +0100, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
>> Hello Matt!
>>
>> Dropbear is a real cool ssh server & client. The only thing i'm missing is
>> ssh agent forwarding. I saw in some files that it is planned, but when?
>
> Agent forwarding is reasonably high on my list of desired
> additions, though I probably won't have time to add support
> until late Feb at the earliest. I'm undecided how useful a
> standalone ssh-agent for Dropbear would be, or whether
> simply giving dbclient support for using an OpenSSH agent
> connection would suffice. Does anyone have opinions either
> way?
>
> (I assume you're talking about the client, since server
> support should already work).

I don't need the agent forwarding as ssh-agent, but it should forward
requests when you do furhter ssh requests:

Example:
root at client has ssh-agent running (e.g. openssh)
1.) root at client: ssh -l root server1
2.) dropbear server & client running: root at server1: ssh -l root server2
3.) dropbear server & client running: root at server2: ssh -l root server3

In the case 2 and 3 it should do agent forwarding, so that all logons can
be done without password authentication.

It should also be able to do the following (execute commands e.g. ssh
sessions):
ssh -l root server1 'ssh -l root server2 "ssh -l root server3"'
(Maybe also -T is necessary).

Thank you for the answer.

Ciao,
Gerhard