dropbear glibc 2.1.3 compile error

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Mon Jan 31 13:02:44 WST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 05:43:05PM +1300, Miles Roper wrote:

> ok, didn't work,
>
> added this down the bottom of includes.h
>
> typedef __ss_family ss_family;
>
> got the below errors.  probably something simple, I'm not really that
> conversant with C, so please be gentle ;o)

Ah blergh. I wasn't thinking straight, was thinking it was a
type that was missing, not a struct member.

For the moment, the quickest solution for Linux is probably
to just remove the two blocks in dbutil.c of:

    /* Some platforms such as Solaris 8 require that len is the length
     * of the specific structure. */
    if (addr->ss_family == AF_INET) {
        len = sizeof(struct sockaddr_in);
    }
#ifdef AF_INET6
    if (addr->ss_family == AF_INET6) {
        len = sizeof(struct sockaddr_in6);
    }
#endif

These are the only places where ss_family is used, and that code is only
required on Solaris or Irix (AFAIK).