Nonexistent user, continued

Mark Brodis fj40rockcrawler at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 01:05:49 WST 2005

I am a complete noobie with any of this, but I had an instance where I
got the "login attempt for nonexistent user", and the problem (not
found by me, refer to me being the noob) was /dev/pts/ was not mounted
in /etc/fstab.  I realize this is probably totally out in left-field
from what you guys are dealing with but we got that exact same error,
user was valid, but the device for the login had not been
created/mounted and that same error came up.  This was a few months ago
and thus on a older version of dropbear.

Just my $0.00 worth...

Good Luck,
Mark Brodis