dropbear received data with bad writefd

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Sat Jul 15 10:18:27 WST 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 11:54:40AM -0400, Jate Sujjavanich wrote:
> I set up dropbear as a inetd service, and I can login. When the shell is
> supposed to come up, I get the following messages from the dropbear
> server log:
>
> <6>Jul 14 11:44:59 dropbear[171]: exit after auth (root): received data
> with bad
>  writefd

Could you compile Dropbear with DEBUG_TRACE enabled in
debug.h, and run it as a standalone server and with the -v
flag? That should give a bit more detail.

The output of ssh -vvv for the client might also be useful.
The error message occurs when the server receives data on a
channel that it thinks is already closed. Most likely it's a
logic error somewhere in the channel handling code - I need
to fix some things there.