qnx ppc port of dropbear

Bill Smith bsmith at tridium.com
Wed Oct 25 20:17:12 WST 2006

open
> > /dev/tty failed - could not set controlling tty: No such device or
> > addressrolling tty: No such device or address
>
> The docs at
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/momentics_nc_docs/neutrino/lib_ref/t/
tcsetsid.html
> suggest that calling tcsetsid(fd, getpid()) instead of ioctl(fd,
TIOCSCTTY)  should work. The call in Dropbear is located at sshpty line
301 - does
> changing that help? Hopefully the client error messages are just a
side-effect of the server's failure.

> An alternative might be to add "#define HAVE_OPENPTY 1" to config.h,
and "#include <unix.h>" in sshpty.c. I've got no idea if it'll work, I'm
just
> looking at

http://www.qnx.net/developers/docs/qnx_6.1_docs/neutrino/lib_ref/o/openp
ty.html

> Cheers,
> Matt

Thx Matt. To get it to work I had to undefine HAVE_OPENPTY  and make
some minor changes to sshpty.c. It seems to work but I'm not sure if
there will be any side effects. I'm going to play with it and see how it
does. If I feel the changes I made are stable I can send you the info so
that QNX could be an additionally supported platform.

Bill