Dropbear 0.49pre build error and a ssh glitch

William Trenker wtrenker.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 13:37:41 WST 2007

Hi Matt,

I've been working with the latest development version in MTN.  Specifically
I'm building from:
http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/revision/tar/d26d5eb2837f46b56a33fb0e7573aa0201abd4d5

There is a small Makefile problem reported by make as a missing endif.  I
think the problem is here:
libtommath/Makefile.in
#Makefile for GCC
#
#Tom St Denis

#version of library
VERSION=0.40

VPATH=@srcdir@
srcdir=@srcdir@

# Dropbear takes flags from the toplevel makefile
CFLAGS += -I$(srcdir)

#CFLAGS  +=  -I./ -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wsign-compare

ifndef IGNORE_SPEED          <<--- should this be commented out?

#for speed
#CFLAGS += -O3 -funroll-all-loops

#for size
#CFLAGS += -Os
<snip>

Also, I'm experiencing a problem when I try to ssh into the
dropear-0.49server from another box such as:
ssh user at server_running_dropbear49 ls

The command works fine, but doesn't terminate after the ls is finished
listing the files.  Instead it just sits there until I hit the enter key.
If I do the same ssh into the same box running the dropbear 0.48.1 server
there is no problem.

I haven't included any details as this may be a known issue (or I'm doing
something off-the-wall).  But I thought I should report it anyway.  If you
would like details let me know.

Other than that, the new -N option for dbclient is a fantastic enhancement
for providing inexpensive tunnels for small linux boxes.

Thanks,
Bill