Change server timeout connection

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Tue Jul 31 21:05:39 WST 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 11:46:42AM +0100, Rui Santos wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     When I try to edit a file using KDE fish, I have to login every ~5
> minutes in order to save the changes.
>     I haven't found any way to setup a different timeout value. Is the
> any way to accomplish that ?

The timeout isn't from Dropbear - I can't really say where
it would be coming from, it might be a firewall or router or
something like that. Assuming KDE fish uses OpenSSH's
client, you might be able to use its "ServerAliveInterval"
or "TCPKeepAlive" options.

I'll look at adding keepalives to Dropbear for a future
release though - a few people have requested it.

Matt