.ssh/environment equivalent in dropbear

Christoph Kurrat c.kurrat at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 26 18:46:50 WST 2007

Hi,

I'm using dropbear-0.50 on an AVM Router.
Since I've got rw-access only on /var/tmp, the dropbearmulti is located there.
Everything works fine, except scp on Linux.
After logging in I get the error:

sh: scp: not found

I've found out that scp uses ssh in non-login mode, and for this
reason, $PATH is not set correctly and therefore scp is not found.

Google told me, that with openssh I would have to put the PATH
variable into .ssh/environmemt and to set PermitUserEnvironment=yes to
set $PATH.

Is there a possibility to set the PATH variable with dropbear?

Thanks,

Christoph