sftp client for dropbear

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:17:19 WST 2007

2007/9/17, Matt Johnston <matt at ucc.asn.au>:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 02:52:58PM +0200, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:

> > > How does it not work? Have you tried the instructions from
> > > http://lists.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/pipermail/dropbear/2007q1/000502.html ?
> > > (see the followup posts too)
> >
> >  Yes, but... I was talking about sftp client not server!
> >  Have I missed something about that thread?
>
> Oops sorry, misread the mail.
>
> I can get the OpenSSH sftp client to work with dbclient on a
> Linux system with
> sftp -s /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server -S /usr/bin/dbclient remotehost
> though for some reason it seems not to work on Mac OS X
> here - I'll try figure what's happening. Does that work for
> you (with paths changed appropriately)? I assume the sftp
> client will compile with similar settings to sftp-server.

 sftp client was cross-compiled for a PPC board while sftp-server is
running onto an Ubuntu Linux / x86 arch. \

 After login sftp gets out immediately, however if I specify a batch
file it works.
 Finally I found very annoying having to tell to sftp command where is
the remote sftp-server binary!

~ # sftp -S /usr/bin/dbclient -s /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server
foglietr at 172.16.119.6
Connecting to 172.16.119.6...
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oForwardX11 no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oForwardAgent no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oPermitLocalCommand no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oClearAllForwardings yes'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oProtocol 2'
foglietr at 172.16.119.6's password:
foglietr at 172.16.119.6's password:
foglietr at 172.16.119.6's password:
xset:  unable to open display ""
xset:  unable to open display ""
sftp>
~ #

~ # cat pippo
ls
ls

~ # sftp -b pippo -S /usr/bin/dbclient -s /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server
foglietr at 172.16.119.6
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oForwardX11 no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oForwardAgent no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oPermitLocalCommand no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oClearAllForwardings yes'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-obatchmode yes'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oProtocol 2'
foglietr at 172.16.119.6's password:
xset:  unable to open display ""
xset:  unable to open display ""
sftp> ls