dropbear 0.50 Segfault

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jan 18 16:01:15 WST 2008

On Monday 14 January 2008 07:28:45 Matteo Fortini wrote:
> I built dropbear on arm-linux using uclibc 9.27 and gcc 3.41 (snapgear
> linux).
>
> Unfortunately, every time I connect the server segfaults.

If it happens on arm but not on other platforms, my first guess would be an
alignment issue.  (Arm segfaults on unaligned 4-byte read/write attempts,
rather than doing the two stage fetch thing other processors do.)  It might
be in uClibc 0.9.27 (which is a really old version, and I vaguely recall a
bug like this in the networking stuff.  DNS lookup, I think).

Is there any way you can try 0.9.29, which is the current stable uClibc
release?

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.