inactivity timeout or disconnect

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Mon Sep 8 21:53:58 WST 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 09:39:12AM +0800, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> I think most of you failed to read that this is not an interactive remote
> signon, this is just a reverse port forward executed in batchmode and
> it does not execute any shell on the server.
>
> Anyway I have got some progress by patching the dropbear source code,
> it does not seem to be that difficult a change. I am testing if it has any
> undesirable side effects.

Yes, I think that the only way to accomplish this is to
modify Dropbear itself (or perhaps make use of some clever
iptables rules?). There is already the keepalive timeout,
triggering something similar for any packet other than
SSH_MSG_IGNORE or SSH_MSG_DEBUG would probably work? If you
think the patch would be worth merging send it and I'll take
a look.

On a somewhat related note, apologies for my lack of
activity on the list lately - I'll try and get back to some
of the mails and patches that have been sent over the past
months.