How to support cipher 'none'?

Steven Hein ssh at sgi.com
Fri Nov 21 21:14:59 WST 2008

Hi Michael--

Check out this thread from earlier this month:

http://lists.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/pipermail/dropbear/2008q4/000819.html

This week, I finally got around to testing this nocrypto
branch of dropbear, and it worked well for me.
(As the comment in options.h says, in order to have one
client that would run run to secure or insecure servers,
there's a bit of work left on the client side, but it appears
that the server side works well).

For my needs I had to go a step further and speed up the
key exchange   (since I'm running on a very slow platform
the Microblaze @ 62.5MHz).    I don't have anything
working there yet......I've just been hacking up the
kex code to remove the key validation checks and skip
the mp_exptmod() call (which appears to take *seconds* to
execute on the Microblaze).    Not a solution yet, but I'm
still working on it!

Steve