[OT] recommendations for graphical windows clients for SCP to dropbear?

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Fri Jan 9 10:10:15 WST 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 20:47:43 +0100, "Hans J. Koch" <hjk at linutronix.de>
wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 02:38:02PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>
>>   i am most emphatically *not* a windows person, but a co-worker wants
>> to set up some kind of graphical (windows XP) client to SCP files to
>> an embedded system running dropbear.
>>
>>   i set up the embedded system, dropbear is running just fine, etc,
>> etc.  putty is installed on the windows XP system and i know there is
>> a pscp, but it appears to be a real PITA to set up, unless we're just
>> being dense.
>>
>>   any downloadable recommendations?  you know, the point and click
>> kind?  thanks.
>
> WinSCP ?

WinSCP tends to be my preferred choice - it can be a single binary like
PuTTY.
Some people seem to like FileZilla too, take a look at that?

Apart from the UI, transfer speed can vary wildly between SCP clients.
Granted Dropbear isn't the speediest SSH server, but in the past I have
seen 10x performance difference between windows SCP clients to the same
server. I think it has improved a bit these days, though test it out.