Public Key Authorization Failure

Kyle Marx kmarks2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 05:43:13 WST 2009

Hey,
   Before anyone flames me, I've read every message in the archive.  That
said, I am running v0.50 on a TS-7260 ARM9 embedded computer.
   My problem is that I cannot produce passwordless login from the embedded
device (A) to my server (B).  I have tried everthing listed.  I first used
dropbearkey to create private and public keys on the embedded device (A).  I
appended the pub key to authorized keys on the server (B).
  My problem is similar to that of 2Q2008 by G*uillaume Dargaud*'s problem.
Here is a rundown:

Generate keys on the embedded device A:
A$ dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_key
A$ dropbearkey -y -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_key | head -2 | tail -1 >
/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_key.pub
A$ shutdown -r now

I then append this public key to my authorized keys list on the server, B
B$ scp user at A:/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_key.pub /tmp/dropbear_rsa_key.pub
B$ cat /tmp/dropbear_rsa_key.pub >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
B$ services sshd restart

Now attempt a passwordless login to B from A:
A$ dbclient user at B
userB@'s password:

It still prompts for a password.  Is this broken?

Kyle