SIGTTIN when forwarding a local port

Robert Clancy rsclancy65 at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 05:36:01 WST 2009

I'm getting a SIGTTIN after issuing the following:

dbclient -T -i .ssh/my_key -g -L 1234:localhost:4567 user at 10.1.2.3 >/dev/null 2>&1 &

When issued in the foreground all is well. When put in the background ( per above ) , the shell prompt returns, but after a few <enter> presses at the prompt, there comes a SIGTTIN. I can fg the process, ctrl-z and bg it and the forwarding still works. But the SIGTTIN returns.

Dropbear is cross compiled for the arm-xscale and the shell is busybox- not a real bash. I'm using 0.52. Anyone seen this kind of thing before?

Thanks,

LD