exit after auth

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Jun 27 05:49:22 WST 2010

On Saturday 26 June 2010 10:14:50 Christian Ruppert wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm playing with my initramfs (busybox/glibc) but I have some trouble
> with dropbear (0.52).
> <snip>
> dropbear[748]: Running in background
> dropbear[749]: Child connection from ....
> dropbear[749]: pubkey auth succeeded for ´root´ with key md5 ... from ...
> dropbear[750]: Failed listening on ´22´: Error listening: Address
> already in use
> dropbear[750]: premature exit: No listening ports available.
> dropbear[749]: exit after auth (root): Disconnect received
> </snip>

"Trouble with dropbear" is kind of vague as a problem report goes.  It sounds
like this message happens not right after you run the dropbear server, but
when a child connects to it.  But that's just a guess, you never actually said
what you _did_.

> I receive the motd from dropbear and then got a disconnect.

So your child process did manage to connect to the server and got data from
it.  (Meaning the failed listening thing is probably a second, unrelated
problem?)

It sounds like dropbear couldn't spawn the shell for your login process.  What
shell does your /etc/passwd entry for that user specify?

Rob
--
GPLv3: as worthy a successor as The Phantom Meanace, as timely as Duke Nukem
Forever, and as welcome as New Coke.