scp at Solaris

Antony Pavlenko antony at pavlenko.net
Mon May 9 23:47:58 WST 2011

Hello.

Today I have tried to compile scp at Solaris and found some problems :
1)  in scp.c you have declaration like this :
u_int64_t waitlen;
but there is no  u_int64_t type in Solaris header files.
So I have demoved one character and that's all.
uint64_t waitlen;
May be it will be better to create typedef for Solaris.

2) you use nanosleep in scp.c
But is Solaris nanosleep not from Standart C library but from Realtime
library.
So scp must be linked with librt

3) There is now vasprintf in Solaris (yet)
I'm not sure what will be the best solution ( change code and use vsprintf
or include internally vasprintf especially for Solaris )

Anton