delay question

Guylhem Aznar dropbear at guylhem.net
Fri Aug 26 01:43:28 WST 2011

Hello

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:28, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>> I am not sure what to make of these results. The "close" seems to be
>> taking a lot of time.
>
> Don't use NFS.

Well, I don't!

The DSL modem (Fritzbox 7390, quite popular in Australia IIRC) has a
SD mounted as an ext2 partition.
Everything I run is from this partition, and with a chroot. At the
moment, from this chroot mount reports:

$ mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
ramfs on /var type ramfs (rw)
/var/dev/nand on /var/media/ftp type yaffs2 (rw)
/var/dev/nand on /data/tam type yaffs2 (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /var/media/ftp/SanDisk-SDPlus-01 type ext2 (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
procfs on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

There is no nfs.
Dropbear is executed from within the chroot, to avoid any problem. I
just don't understand why this close takes so much time.