[solaris] library -lc: not found

phocean 0x90 at phocean.net
Sun Nov 6 01:01:13 WST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to compile scp on Solaris 11.

So far I faced the same issue as Antony with u_int64_t, but the
workaround was easy.

Now it fails like this :

$ make PROGRAMS="scp" STATIC=1
gcc -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -static -o scp scp.o
progressmeter.o atomicio.o scpmisc.o compat.o
ld: fatal: library -lc: not found
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to scp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [scp] Erreur 1

Obviously /usr/lib is not the correct path, but what is this library it
is complaining about?
I tried in vain to adjust this path to /usr/lib and /lib.
Any idea?

Sadly I know little about Solaris and programming stuff...

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
--
phocean