[solaris] library -lc: not found

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Sun Nov 6 14:20:13 WST 2011

I think you cannot build static programs on Solaris. From the
cc manpage

  Note: Many system libraries, such as libc, are only
  available as dynamic libraries in the Solaris 64-bit
  compilation environment. Therefore, do not use -Bstatic
  as the last toggle on the command line.

I guess it's similar to Linux except glibc will link then fail at runtime :)

Antony mentioned needing the realtime library for nanosleep,
but to me it looks like it's in the main libc on Solaris 11.
Did you need to change that?