Query regarding dropbear

Chandan Tiwari chandan.tiwari at nechclst.in
Tue Jan 10 19:21:25 WST 2012

Hi....

I've installed dropbear 0.53.1 on my linux machine and I tried to
request for remote port forwarding  by assigning the port to listen as 0
using the command :

dbclient  -R 0:<ip address>:22 user@<ip address> but it gave the error
message that it is unable to start port forwarding at port no 0 , I also
looked in the source code of Dropbear from which I found that it is not
supported with dropbear but in RFC 4254,section 7, page 16 it is
mentioned that if we assign 0 as port no then the ssh server should
assign the next available port to the client.

Please tell me that whether it is mandatory to support this type of port
forwarding by assigning the port as 0.

 Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandan Tiwari

NEC HCL ST.

Noida,India

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .