Problem with Dropbear/dbclient as SFTP client

Alexis-externe DAVOUX alexis-externe.davoux at erdfdistribution.fr
Fri Mar 1 00:39:27 WST 2013

Hi,

I have some trouble with dropbear used as SFTP client.

I've set up a SFTP server on my machine, which works fine. I've tested the
connection to the server with Filezilla client.
I've tried connecting to the SFTP server with dropbear using the command:

dbclient -s user at host sftp

I can authenticate successfully, and I get the welcome message, but after
that I can't do anything: it seems that dbclient is waiting for some
command but nothing seems to work. I've tried entering 'ls', 'cd /test',
'get test.txt', 'pwd',... but nothing happens when I validate with enter.

How can I use dbclient as SFTP client ? What is the correct syntax ?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,

Alexis