Write error : dbclient

pratik singh pratiksingh86 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 23:12:17 WST 2014

I am using Dropbear 0.48 with uClinux-dist. Currently dropbear server is
working fine but while trying to run dbclient it throws write error. Some
of the traces are:

TRACE: leave process_packet
TRACE: enter cli_sessionloop
TRACE: enter send_msg_service_request: servicename='ssh-userauth'
TRACE: enter encrypt_packet()
TRACE: encrypt_packet type is 5

TRACE: enter writemac
TRACE: leave writemac
TRACE: enter enqueue
TRACE: leave enqueue
TRACE: leave encrypt_packet()
TRACE: leave send_msg_service_request
TRACE: leave cli_sessionloop: sent userauth service req
TRACE: enter write_packet

TRACE: enter cli_tty_cleanup
TRACE: leave cli_tty_cleanup: not in raw mode
TRACE: enter session_cleanup
TRACE: enter chancleanup
TRACE: leave chancleanup
TRACE: leave session_cleanup
dbclient: connection to pratik at 10.10.10.1:22 exited: error writing

I have tried the following:
1) Run dbclient with -K option but still getting the same write error
2) Run dbclient with -y option but still getting the same write error

On further debugging I have found that this write comes because server (in
this case Openssh) is getting timeout.

I am running microblaze processor at about 60mhz with hardware
multiplier, divider enabled.

>From the wireshark capture i have seen that server is sending "FIN"
packet. also server is sending the 2 ssh packets in one reply packet.
Do not know the reason of this behavior.

I am facing this problem for connection between dbclient <----> Openssh.

Please help as m stuck to this problem since very long. Appreciate your reply.

Attached the pcap file for your reference. apply "ip.addr==10.216.114.137"
filter in pcap file. IP address is client having dbclient and other is
server having openssh.

--
Thanks & Regards
Pratik Singh