Interest in Dropbear

Jon Poler jdp5087 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 22:09:38 AWST 2014

Hello everyone!

I am glad to have discovered this project!

I am a self-taught programmer, who has been learning for about 1.5 years
now. I will be attending an unstructured "school" called "Hacker School"
for 3 months starting in January 2015, and I am actively searching for
interesting open-source projects to contribute to during my time there.

I am trying to get an idea of your vision for the future of Dropbear. Would
someone be able to comment on features that you would like to see added to
this project? If someone does find a few minutes to comment on this, please
keep in mind that my skill level is merely that of a novice, but I am very
willing to learn, and I will have a considerable chunk of time to dedicate
whichever project I may choose. I am particularly interested in network
programming in C and security.

Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places, but I am having difficulties
locating any sort of developer-oriented documentation. If any exists, would
someone please guide me to the stash? Also, if you see fit, maybe I could
try to write some rudimentary docs while I am sifting through the source
code anyway. Will someone suggest a good place for me to start reading?

I look forward to hearing from you!
Jon Poler