Dropbear for lwIP

Ed Sutter ed.sutter at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Apr 13 20:21:55 AWST 2015

On 4/12/2015 8:35 AM, Matt Johnston wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 06:50:01AM +0200, Karl Karpfen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is it already possible to use Dropbear with the embedded TCP/IP stack lwIP?
> Hi Karl,
>
> I haven't heard of anyone doing that.
>
> Cheers,
> Matt
Karl,
This is really a two-part problem...
Aside from the stack api itself, I'm guessing since you're using lwIP
you're likely running a smaller RTOS...
There is code in Dropbear that assumes a linux/unix type of environment
with fork and pseudottys, file system etc...
A few years ago I had ported Dropbear into an environment that was running
uC/OS-II with a TCP/IP stack that basically had the standard sockets API.
That was tough enough.  If your implementation of lwIP/TCP-IP is running
in the state-machine mode, then that will be MUCH tougher.
Ed

--
Ed Sutter
Alcatel-Lucent Technologies -- Bell Laboratories
Email: ed.sutter at alcatel-lucent.com