scp of sysfs file repeats data

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at sysprog.at
Fri Jun 26 15:47:21 AWST 2015

On Mit, 2015-06-24 at 14:52 +1000, Craig McQueen wrote:
> > From: Reimar Döffinger [mailto:Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de]
[...]
> > Looking at the source code, the protocol should have sent an EIO error, so
> > the user/programs checking the exit code should be able to see something
> > went wrong...
> > Is that somehow not working?
>
> Yes, with openssh scp, I get a "Broken pipe" error. That's good under the circumstances.
>
> With dropbear scp, I don't get any error.

Well, the sending side could check the sent size and the real size and
write an error message - doesn't solve anything but at least one has the
chance to see it (and use 'tar -zc | ssh tar -zx' instead or other
already working means).

Kind regards,
	Bernd
--
"I dislike type abstraction if it has no real reason. And saving
on typing is not a good reason - if your typing speed is the main