svr_getopts should either support bundling or fail if bundling is used

Guilhem Moulin guilhem at fripost.org
Thu Oct 22 01:21:56 AWST 2015

Hi Matt,

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 at 22:11:43 +0800, Matt Johnston wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out, I’ve made -sjk fail rather than be
> dropped silently.

Thanks.  However on second thought, the downside of this solution is
that it might render remote systems unreachable after upgrade (at least
for the users not reading changelogs or distrib NEWS files).  Worse, it
might not be noticed before a reboot, since upgrading typically doesn't
kill existing SSH connections.  (I've set “DROPBEAR_OPTIONS=-sjk”
myself, until last week where I noticed that only the first flag was
considered.)

Would you consider a patch to enable bundling instead?  If yes I'll try
to hack something up in the next couple of days.  By the way, out of
curiosity, is there a reason why you're not using getopt()?  It's POSIX
after all, and you're already using it for scp.

Guilhem.