Force dbclient to exit if remote forwarding request failed

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Dec 1 02:08:20 AWST 2015

30.11.2015, 16:58, "Matt Johnston" <matt at ucc.asn.au>:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 04:21:29PM +0300, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>>  >>  I'd like to see that as a feature - I was thinking about it a few days ago. I'd keep it under a command line flag for backwards compatibility. Failing to bind "-L" forward ports would also be handled similarly.
>>  >>
>>  > Could you propose command line option name? I guess the main problem is to avoid collision with OpenSSH client options.
>>  Maybe its time to add -o and use OpenSSH-compatible -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes?
>
> That does seem like it might the best option. As long as
> people don't expect all the OpenSSH -o names to start
> getting implemented! :)

Implemented in https://github.com/mkj/dropbear/pull/16

1. I'm not sure if "extended options" is the right term, as well as if help texts are written properly.
2. Should -o handling itself be opt-in feature?
3. Should netcat-like forwarding be affected by ExitOnForwardFailure? If so, where its failure should be handled?

--
Regards,
Konstantin