Prepending 'exec' to proxy command automatically

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Fri Dec 18 22:59:37 AWST 2015

On Fri 18/12/2015, at 10:04 pm, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> https://secure.ucc.asn.au/hg/dropbear/rev/f7d565054e5f
>
> Why not use asprintf? I see scpmisc.c already uses vasprintf.

I suspect it wouldn't work on some of the more uncommon platforms where people run Dropbear (I guess they don't run scp). malloc() is cheap enough given it's forking anyway.

> I'm using busybox shell (and I guess it's the most popular shell choice among dropbear users ;)

Yep. I was just a bit puzzled when I first tried in my default shell. I wonder how much memory is wasted on embedded systems because they don't have that auto-exec trick...