Makefile dependencies and `#if' conversion (was [RFC 0/3] Refactor the options system)

Michael Witten mfwitten at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 01:30:53 AWST 2017

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 00:31:25 +0800, Matt Johnston wrote:

> Thanks for your patches. The Makefile dependency ones look
> useful, I'll try and double-check them and get them merged
> in the next week or so. Please if anyone else has comments
> on these patches make them known - I'm sure there are
> scenarios I have forgotten.
>
> I'm less keen on this options patch series. [cut]
>
> Regarding oldstyle comments, I agree // ones are nicer but
> it's not too much work to keep the old style working. Most
> recently the work was done for Tru64's compiler in 2013.61test
> - Compile fixes for old vendor compilers like Tru64 from Daniel Richard G.
>
> For SMALLCODE and DROPBEAR_CLEANUP I think the current state
> of options should take precendence over what's documented in
> CHANGES - looking at commit history it seems they were
> deliberately changed, just not documented. I'm happy to make
> historical updates to CHANGES though, I did that recently
> "document changed default RSA key size back in 2013.61test"

I'll produce a revised series that takes these things into account,
and which will exclude the refactoring.

As for handling scenarios, I've been toying with the idea that
there should be an automatically run adapter to help people
convert their setups as seamlessly as possible to the new
`localoptions.h' system.