doesn't stop command when remote ssh client is killed

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Jan 19 02:58:14 AWST 2019

A difference in behaviour that I have noticed between dropbear (on
OpenWRT) and openssh (on CentOS 7) is that if I start a long running
command from a client configured to use Control* muxing that writes
output to stdout, when I stop the client, the long running command
doesn't get a SIGPIPE.  Without the Control* muxing, the long running
process will get a SIGPIPE.

This works as expected (i.e. the long running process gets a SIGPIPE)
on the CentOS 7/openssh server even when it is using Control* muxing.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
b.