Configuration Issues

Kenny Koller kenny at stealthspacecompany.com
Thu Jun 20 11:15:12 AWST 2019

Hi,

I'm using Xilinx's 2019.1 Petalinux system which uses Dropbear 2018.76 by default. The target is
a Zynq 7000 running Linux.

The first issue is that with the open-ssh client the first password attempt fails every time. The
second attempt works. This was before I configured any host/login keys. A console login does not
have this issue.

The second issue is that with the host/login keys in place I continue to be prompted twice when
using ssh. With dbclient I am rejected altogether:

radsys at radsys-nuc:~$ dbclient root at 10.160.33.150 -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa
root at 10.160.33.150's password:
root at 10.160.33.150's password:

dbclient: Connection to root at 10.160.33.150:22 exited: Error reading: Connection reset by peer

My client system is Ubuntu 16.04 with the login (private) key stored as follows. It was generated
with dropbearkey:

radsys at radsys-nuc:~$ ls -al .ssh
drwx------  2 radsys radsys 4096 Jun 19 19:33 .
drwxr-xr-x 35 radsys radsys 4096 Jun 17 19:20 ..
-rw-------  1 radsys radsys  805 Jun 19 19:31 id_rsa

On the server/embedded side I have the public portion of the private key above in authorized_keys
and a host key also generated using dropbearkey.

root at radio:~# ls -al /etc/dropbear
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Jun 20 02:25 .
drwxr-xr-x   24 root     root             0 Jun 20 02:26 ..
-rw-------    1 root     root           393 Jun 20 02:25 authorized_keys
-rw-------    1 root     root           805 Jun 20 02:25 dropbear_rsa_host_key

Also, my clock is not set correctly on the embedded system. Is this an issue?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenny