Dropbear Digest, Vol 171, Issue 1

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Mon Jun 22 20:06:58 AWST 2020

>I can't compile DB 2020.79 with uClibc-ng (1.0.32, looking at the 1.0.34 sources nothing has changed) unless I add "#define _GNU_SOURCE" on top of "dbrandom.c" (it is required by sys/random.h, line 11 https://cgit.uclibc-ng.org/cgi/cgit/uclibc-ng.git/tree/libc/sysdeps/linux/common/sys/random.h).
>
>The alternative is to #include <linux/random.h> manually.
>Which is best?

  The former is best. Or, you could simply compile dropbear with
-D_GNU_SOURCE in your CFLAGS.

  Never directly include Linux kernel headers in your application code
if you can avoid it (because it requires careful namespace manipulation
and not all kernel headers are suitable for this, so it can be the
beginning of a looong chain of problems).

--
  Laurent