[Opendispense] Large FPGAs

Nick Bannon [email protected]
Sun Aug 3 12:20:51 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 05:29:46PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2003, Harry McNally wrote:
> > After the discussion about comms alternatives, I'd like to find out
[...]
> How big an FPGA can you mount?
>
> Say, an XCV1000E or two?

Those are the ones: Xilinx Virtex XCV1000E FG860, 8C ;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4663&item=2545447811

Monumental overkill for our application, of course, but it goes to show
that it can sometimes be affordable to get our hands on FPGAs with a
million gates as opposed to 128... Of course, I have nil experience
with working with any device of that type.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
[email protected] | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal