[Opendispense] UI design

Bernard Blackham bernard@blackham.com.au
Thu Aug 7 16:46:59 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:41:15AM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> > I was thinking of assigning them 50 - 56. But always changable.
>
> Ah, but the columns are labelled first, so 5x codes are in use (but
> not x5).

Hmmm, true. Maybe 3 digit entries might be a good idea? I'll get the
hardware code written first, then worry about the UI :)

> It'd be nice to have a bus ticket's worth of change to hand.
> We'd have to refill the change often, or it'll spent its time showing
> "EXACT CHANGE ONLY (OR COKECREDIT)" . ::-)

Probably no more often than is currently being done. If people use
the machine to credit their coke accounts then it should be
self-refilling. Counted two bags today with about $5.00 of 10c and
5c pieces...

> > It might seem a little laggy even over a 9600bps link, but
> > this way we only need to flash the ROM as few times as possible.
>
> 9600bps is ten times what we'd need - if it's laggy, we're doing it
> wrong. "Wrong" includes, for example, using SOAP to interface with the
> thing. ::-)

So we're not letting Adrian near it? (he's started using soap i hear :)

Bernard, currently reading/writing motor code.
Display & keypad & chime code is written, not closely checked
though. And someday I'll figure out the coin mech.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 bernard at blackham dot com dot au