[Opendispense] Questions - new memory map

Adrian Chadd adrian@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 11 04:53:23 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003, Bernard Blackham wrote:

> We also have the problem of the RW' line requiring to be low (R) to
> access the EPROM and hence riser board. We'd need to hack the board
> and cut some tracks to get around this, which wouldn't be so nice.
>
> I'd be happy for somebody more versed in computer architecture to
> point out some other ways :)
>
> As to which UART to choose, are there any pros/cons between them? If
> I start writing some code to chat with a 16550A UART, will it be
> overkill?

If you can make it small enough, no.

Is the CPU socketed? How is it mounted on the board?
You do realise there's nothing _really_ wrong with soldering a bunch
of little wires to make up the rest of the riser board interface..
(ie R/W, A15, etc.) I don't see why you need to cut tracks.

Adrian