[Opendispense] UART 16550 code

Nick Bannon nick@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 12 08:35:36 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 04:20:09PM +0800, Bernard Blackham wrote:
[...]
> Meanwhile, I've been thinking of how to go about using a 16550 on
> the board. Before I go out writing the code to drive it, does
> anybody have experience along these lines? Or any GPL'd code that
> could be copied across (eg, drivers/char/serial.c from a linux
> source tree, but much simpler)?
[...]

There must be a few options... Perhaps looking at the serial driver
Linux 2.0.0 or 0.99.3 or something would be simpler. Or perhaps not.
Maybe NetBSD?

Here's code for a 16550 UART emulator:
http://dosemu.sourceforge.net/docs/README-tech/1.1.3.7/x2372.html

It makes references to the FOSSIL drivers that DOS BBS'es used to use,
if there's a free one of those then that might be a good option.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig@rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal