[Opendispense] UART 16550 code

David Basden [email protected]
Tue Aug 12 10:55:19 2003

I've written code to talk to a 16550 under Linux, which probably
isn't the same thing. As for the 16550 itself, it seems pretty easy
to drive, or at least firmly annoying.

As for simple code, try looking at Minix, which is designed to teach.
Once you've done that, write your own because Minix tries to look like
UNIX, and therefore all terminal handling is forever fucked in the head.

Maybe from some public domain DOS apps?

David