[Opendispense] Questions - new memory map

Adrian Chadd [email protected]
Thu Aug 14 01:22:43 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:06:14AM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > > I'm leaning towards the interrupt line because it appears to make
> > > the serial comms that much more reliable. Any strong reasons for any
> > > of the others?
> >
> > Depends how the software is written. Whats the current interrupt handler
> > doing?
>
> The interrupt handler will only be used for the daughterboard &
> UART. The logic board alone has it tied high.

Ok. If you use an interrupt handler you'll have to code up the interrupt routine
and some enqueue/dequeue code. Find out how long each loop takes to run,
see if you can sneak in that extra UART and support code.

Which you may need to do anyway, if the existing code is already tight
timewise..

Adrian