[tech] Testing, and Flame

Andrew Williams andrew at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 11 00:20:25 WST 1999

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:38:12 +0800 (WST), Ben Rampling wrote:

>Does any one foresee any problems moving flame to a dedicated, unfirewalled
>IP? It gives us the advantage of real smtp, nntp and telnet services for it,
>and allows traffic monitoring that would otherwise be difficult.

A few questions...

-Would it still be running on moray, or a new dedicated box?

-Can we arrange things so that the old IP will still work until the DNS
changes propagate out to the world? It could take days, especially for
third-world areas like Murdoch uni... :-)

-If it's set up as an alias, would it still have access to the client
IP's so we can tell where people are logging in from? Would this be for
the standard port 4242 access and/or port 23?

If the second two answers are 'yes', then great, sounds fine. If it's
on a new box, let me know when and where and we can move it over...

Andrew