[tech] hdd4mako

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 31 22:41:18 WST 1999

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 09:48:08PM +0800, Ben Rampling wrote:
> Now I'm told, after people bothered getting quotes and I bothered turning up
> to the meeting as tired as I was, that we do actually have drives that are
> suitable for mako. Can someone explain where they are and where a suitable
> controller is, or can I give up and take Mako down tommorow?

The suggestion was to stick a couple of the small SCSI drives from the
IBM gear into it with a SCSI card from Simon. (or I have some bootable
8 bit TMC-850's in a pinch) They should be in the clubroom.

I'm still in favour of picking up one or two new EIDE drives, but it
doesn't seem vitally urgent.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal