[tech] Re: [wheel] FMS Installation

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 13 00:17:30 WST 1999

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 09:29:27PM +0800, Duncan Sargeant wrote:
> This sparks an evil thought on how to implement FMS on each OS - vipw is
> a surprisingly (for *NIX) common interface.  To do the FMS updates, you
[...]
> EDITOR=fmspwedit vipw
[...]

Ooooh. Funky.

A previous version of add_ucc worked by setting EDITOR=ed and piping the
appropriate command to append a new line into it. vipw took care of the
locking, etc.

However - _that_ looks good, at least as one possible interface.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal