[tech] Squid

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 16 19:00:24 WST 1999

Greetings all,

UCC needs a Squid server. For this reason I will be
decomissioning mermaid in three minutes unless someone
sends me an email telling me not to. I don't recall
it doing anything important.

(j/k) Seriously, I would like to play with setting it up.
Having observed Leighton setting it up, it looks like a
challenge. Anyone mind if I make the 486 we had donated with
a SCSI harddrive our new Squid box? I'll backup the current
harddrive contents as I remember there being some software
of use.

Thanks,

--
Grahame Bowland - UCC Sysadmin, Ordinary Committee Member

Email: gbowland(a)ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
  Web: http://users.wantree.com.au/~bowest/gmb.html