[tech] Squid

Duncan Sargeant dunc at rcpt.to
Fri Dec 17 14:02:02 WST 1999

Nick Bannon wrote on Fri December 17, at 10:03 +0800:
> > Now all I need is an m-fish with squid connotations :)
>
> Go for an n-fish. ::-) (or even an [o-za-l]-fish )

Why?  There are lots of m-fish left.  No need to go fucking tradition up
yet.  I might kill if you go for s-fish and go .. ah .. "squid", duh.

We still haven't used menhaden (This would be better for a mac,
because there's a submarine called the USS Menhaden, and submarines are
indeed sunked ships!)

Fish version: http://www.csc.noaa.gov/otter/htmls/data/species/menhaden.htm

and, ah ... muskellunge
http://www.seagrant.wisc.edu/Communications/Publications/Fish/musky.html

and, hmm ... melanopus ... the Tomato clown.
http://www.actwin.com/fish/species/Amphiprion_melanopus.html

Here are some other useful ones:

margarita, mirror shiner, mimic shiner, Modoc sucker, Mayan tetra,
mosquitofish, molly, mud sunfish, mud darter, Mexican darter.

So many cool geek jokes!

When we start getting really desperate, here's a short I repeat /short/
list of some I found:

mountain shiner, Moapa dace, Mexican red shiner (Cyprinella rutila),
Mohave tui chub, Moapa roundtail chub, Macrhybopsis aestivalis,
Macrhybopsis gelida, Macrhybopsis meeki, Macrhybopsis storeriana,
Margariscus margarita, Meda fulgida, Moapa coriacea, Mylocheilus
caurinus, Mylopharodon conocephalus, mirror shiner, mimic shiner, Moapa
River speckled dace, matalote del desierto, matalote labio grande, Modoc
sucker, mountain sucker, Mayan tetra, madtom, mudminnow, mountain
clingfish, mesa silverside, mangrove rivulus, Mexican rivulus, Mayan
rivulus, Middle American Killifishes, mosquitofish, molly, Monterrey
platyfish, mud sunfish, mud darter, Mexican darter (tacas server?)

,dunc
Duncan Sargeant - dunc at rcpt.to
"First, never insult the giant purple iguanas in the corner, they are assholes
with no sense of humor. Second, don't touch the red button, if you do we are
all as good as dead. Welcome aboard, I am sure you will enjoy your stay." - G:ML