[tech] Re: [wheel] annoying cache misfeature

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Nov 7 03:38:09 WST 1999

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 03:21:04AM +0800, Ben Rampling wrote:
> This isn't aimed at Nick in particular, who actually knows what's going on:

I'm trying. ::-) I'm definitely still missing bits, though, eg what you
can do and how to do it in the web interface.

[...]
> or in the case of mermaid, just;
>
> PostUpdateCommand       /usr/local/sbin/mkcache
> PostUpdateCommand       /usr/local/sbin/mkdbm

Aha! Now added.

> Note that the above commands never see a shell -- the redirections are
> handled internally, globbing will not work, and the file references
> should be absolute.
[...]

I take it that's deliberate? I guess the command in question can just
be a script if need be.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal